ARP Investments (“ARP”) is a quantitative investment boutique headquartered in Midtown Manhattan. The Firm currently has an AUM of approximately $2 billion*. ARP creates diversified sources of absolute returns across multiple asset classes. Within a scientific, hypothesis-driven framework, ARP leverages modern statistical methods and vast datasets to drive every step of the investment process. Alpha forecast models, portfolio construction, and the trading process rely on the ingenuity and mathematical expertise of 40+ investment professionals. ARP offers two categories of investment products – Systematic Alpha and Alternative Risk Premia. Both are designed to provide superior risk-adjusted returns while exhibiting low correlation to traditional and alternative asset classes. Each invests in liquid, scalable markets. On average, ARP’s partners have spent over 20 years researching, investing and trading systematic alternative investment strategies.
The Quantitative Research Intern will have access to large amounts of data and computing resources. They will collaborate closely with the ARP team to utilize advanced statistical techniques and develop signals using alternative and financial data. This is a tremendous learning and knowledge development opportunity in the quantitative finance domain.
We are seeking candidates who have a strong statistics and programming base and are interested in quantitative investment strategies.
- Understand and process large amounts of alternative and financial data
- Create tools to visualize and identify data issues
- Create and analyze signals based on alternative data using advanced statistical techniques
- Present your findings to senior management
- Currently pursuing B.E., B.Tech., M.Tech., or M.Sc. in computer science, mathematics and computing, physics, statistics or similar discipline from top tier institute.
- Must have technical proficiency in Python
- Must have strong statistical skills and be willing to work with large amounts of data
- Must be hardworking and eager to learn
- Good communication skills
- Must be willing to work independently and take complete ownership of projects
- Basic knowledge of finance and investment management will be beneficial but not mandatory
*As of Jan 2, 2020. AUM reflects regulatory AUM as per SEC definition for the purposes of Item 5.F on the Form ADV Part 1a.